After a long day, there is nothing better than coming home to relax in your favorite recliner. If it is time for an upgrade, or if you are a first-time buyer, here are some tips to help you find the chair you’ll anticipate coming home to.
- Know your needs in a recliner. Go “window shopping” a few times to get an idea of what you like and don’t like, then narrow down your list to a few favorites. Are you looking for a particular pattern or fabric? Do you want one that lifts? What about ones with storage pockets for TV remotes and cup holders for your favorite drinks?
- Choose a style. Whether you’re a fan of modern, vintage, or chic, you’ll want to invest in a chair that goes well with your current décor.
- Select a size. There are many different sizes of recliners; the one you select depends on how much space you have. Before purchasing a chair, measure the room to see how much space you have to work with. Many recliners need at least three feet behind them in order to fully recline. Measure each option you’re looking at to see if it will fit.
- Find your favorite fabric. There is leather, chenille, microfiber…the list goes on! Keep in mind what would work best in your home, especially if you have small children and/or pets. Light colors aren’t the best choice in areas where spills occur frequently. If you do have small children and/or pets, microfiber recliners are the best option.
- Look into models with additional features. Once you find models that have what you need in a chair, see if they also have what you would want in a chair. Some models have heated seating, some give massages… There are many models with built-in additions to provide that extra touch of comfort.